Locomotive Roster

Diesel Locomotives

80-Ton #4

Photograph by David H. Hamley

General Electric 80-Ton #4

Built: November 1943; Acquired 1971; 500 Horsepower

#4 is the oldest diesel locomotive in our fleet and no-longer operates. It is also the last piece of equipment from the "original" Everett Railroad that is still on the roster.

GP10 707

EMD GP10 #707

Built: 1956; Acquired: 2004; Horsepower: 1850

#707 was acquired from the Ohio Central in 2004. Built in 1956 as a GP9 for the Illinois Central, the railroad rebuilt her into a GP10 at their Paducah Shops in the early 1970s. The most-traveled locomotive on the Everett roster, 707 has also served the Illinois Central Gulf, Gulf & Mississippi, and MidSouth Railroads and Qwest Communications.

GP16 1712

EMD GP16 #1712

Built: 1950; Acquired: 2002; Horsepower: 1600

#1712 began life on the Clinchfield as GP7 #911. In 1981, Seaboard Coast Line rebuilt #911 into a GP16. She went on to serve CSX and RJ Corman before coming to the Everett Railroad in 2002.

GP16 1828

EMD GP16 #1828

Built: 1952; Acquired: 2001; Horsepower: 1600

#1828 began life on the Seaboard Air Line (SAL) as GP7 #1978. In 1981, Seaboard Coast Line (the successor to SAL) rebuilt her into GP16 4782. She went on to serve CSX and RJ Corman before coming to the Everett Railroad in 2001.

Steam Locomotives

B&H #11

R.C. Gray photo, negative collection of Tom Lawson. Used with permission.

ALCO 2-6-0 #11

Built: 1920; Acquired 2006

#11 was built in 1920 by Alco for Cuba, but was never delivered. Instead, it was acquired by the Narragansett Pier Railroad, for whom it served until 1938. It also served the Bath & Hammondsport and Rail City, before being acquired by the Middletown and New Jersey in 1982. The M&NJ sold the locomotive to the Everett's owner in 2006. It is currently out of service, being rebuilt.

Learn more about, and view photos of, #11.

1929 Baldwin 2-8-0 #38 on the Huntingdon & Broad Top Mountain at Saxton, PA

Photographer unknown, Keith Burkey Collection. Used with permission.

Baldwin 2-8-0 #38

Built: 1927; Acquired: 2008

#38 was the last steam locomotive acquired new by the Huntingdon & Broad Top Mountain Railroad, the last steam locomotive that they operated, and is the last H&BTM locomotive in existence. After the H&BTM closed in 1954, #38 went on to serve in excursion service at Rail City Museum, the Livonia Avon & Lakeville, the Gettysburg Railroad, and the Knox and Kane. Like #11, #38 is also undergoing rebuild and is not currently in service.

Learn more about, and view photos of, #38.

Want to ride?

See our Excursion Schedule for complete information, including pricing, directions and departure locations.

Reserve Your Tickets

Download a Brochure

Connect With Us!

Get to know us through email updates or your favorite social media sites for the latest excurison announcements and restoration news, special pricing, updates and photos.

© 2017 The Everett Railroad Company :: All Rights Reserved