- Built: 1920; Acquired 2006
- Number 11 was built in 1920 by Alco for Cuba, but was never delivered. Instead, it was acquired by the Narragansett Pier Railroad, for whom it served until 1938.
- It also served the Bath & Hammondsport and Rail City, before being acquired by the Middletown and New Jersey in 1982. The M&NJ sold the locomotive to the Everett’s owner in 2006. After a nine-year restoration, Number 11 returned to service in 2015 and serves as the Everett Railroad’s primary excursion motive power.
- Built: 1927; Acquired: 2008
- Number 38 was the last steam locomotive acquired new by the Huntingdon & Broad Top Mountain Railroad, the last steam locomotive that they operated, and is the last H&BTM locomotive in existence.
- After the H&BTM closed in 1954, Number 38 went on to serve in excursion service at Rail City Museum, the Livonia Avon & Lakeville, the Gettysburg Railroad, and the Knox and Kane. Number 38 is currently stored on the Everett Railroad awaiting restoration.
- Built: November 1943; Acquired 1971; 500 Horsepower
- Number 4 is the oldest diesel locomotive in our fleet and no-longer operates. It is also the last piece of equipment from the “original” Everett Railroad that is still on the roster.
- Built: 1989; Acquired: 2017; Horsepower: 3150
- Number 561, our largest and most-powerful locomotive, was acquired from Norfolk Southern in 2017. Built for that railroad as Number 3561 in 1989, she was renumbered to 561 in 2013 and was retired from service in 2015.
- Built: 1956; Acquired: 2004; Horsepower: 1850
- Number 707 was acquired from the Ohio Central in 2004. Built in 1956 as a GP9 for the Illinois Central, the railroad rebuilt her into a GP10 at their Paducah Shops in the early 1970s. The most-traveled locomotive on the Everett roster, 707 has also served the Illinois Central Gulf, Gulf & Mississippi, and MidSouth Railroads and Qwest Communications.
- Built: 1950; Acquired: 2002; Horsepower: 1600
- Number 1712 began life on the Clinchfield as GP7 911. In 1981, Seaboard Coast Line rebuilt 911 into a GP16. She went on to serve CSX and RJ Corman before coming to the Everett Railroad in 2002.
- Built: 1952; Acquired: 2001; Horsepower: 1600
- Number 1828 began life on the Seaboard Air Line (SAL) as GP7 1978. In 1981, Seaboard Coast Line (the successor to SAL) rebuilt her into GP16 4782. She went on to serve CSX and RJ Corman before coming to the Everett Railroad in 2001.
A Combine is a piece of railroad equipment that combines a baggage compartment and passenger seating into a single car. Our Combine, Number 23, was built in 1925 by the Pressed Steel Car Company of Pittsburgh, PA for the Bessemer & Lake Erie Railroad. Utilized in passenger service by the Bessemer until the 1950s, it was converted into a diner for business train service and renumbered A-200. Donated to the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum in 1964 and acquired by The Everett Railroad in 2012, the car was returned to service in 2015. The first refurbished car in our fleet, Number 23 allows riders to enjoy comfortable seating, or on many trips, gives riders the chance to enjoy a standing-room view from its baggage compartment door.
The Everett Railroad owns six former-Central Railroad of New Jersey (CNJ) 78-seat commuter coaches. Car 1194, built in 1927 by Bethlehem Shipbuilding, is one of those six. Acquired from the Ohio Central Railroad in 2008, it is undergoing restoration at our shops and will be the first CNJ car to join the active roster.
The backbone of our fleet are three former-Delaware Lackawanna & Western (DL&W) Multiple-Unit (MU) cars. Built by Pullman in 1929 and 1930, the 84-seat cars served the DL&W and its successors in commuter service until the 1980s. Upon retirement, our cars were purchased by the Horseshoe Curve Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society (NRHS), demotorized, and refurbished for use on tourist trains. Renumbered 103, 104, and 105 respectively, the cars served the NRHS for over thirty years before being acquired by the Everett Railroad in early 2018. Following Everett Railroad tradition, these cars will be returned to their original DL&W numbers as time allows.